Sunday, June 26, 2011

The next step

Two and a half years, some great experience under my belt, and I'm ready for the next step in both my professional and personal life. Yep, I'm leaving Grand Forks and the Ralph Engelstad Arena (again; my prior tenure was as an intern in 2004-05) and heading to the cheese state to start my life in bliss. My boyfriend of two years has a great job there with the hockey program. Actually, it's a conference rival of my beloved Fighting Sioux, so I'm more than expanding my horizons with the new town. I have to learn to live in Badger land when I've always said I bleed green. I'll just have to inconspicuously put green in my wardrobe occasionaly to keep my ties.

It's not the move in with the boyfriend that has been stressing me out though. It's the job search. My last two occupations have been basically earned through who I know. Not that I haven't been capable of doing the job; I've more than excelled at both positions. It's the annonymous resume in the pile of arrogance. Myself, not arrogant. It's hard for me to show my qualifications on one page of paper when what really makes me, is my personality of drive for success.

So as it goes, I'm leaving my job in two days, moving to a new state in 5 days, and will unemployed for an undetermined amount of time. Here's hoping, someone will see something in the dozens of resumes I've sent out and I won't have to revert to waiting tables for pennies.

No comments:

Post a Comment